Configure the CaptionHub Live plugin for the Brightcove player
We support Brightcove player versions 6 and 7. At the time of writing, the plugin has been tested with player versions 6.67.5 and 7.11.2.
Adding the plugin
Follow these steps to add CaptionHub Live to a Brightcove player:
- Open Brightcove, and navigate to the Players section
- Click on the Add player button at the top right, and choose a name for your player — something like “Brightcove (CaptionHub Live)” might suit. You can also duplicate an existing player.
- In the list of players, click on the player you’ve just created
- Click on Plugins, and click on the Add a Plugin button
- From the dropdown, choose Custom Plugin
- In the Plugin name field, paste in
- Click Save, and then click the Publish & Embed button at the top right
- Your player should look similar to the screenshot below
- To verify that you’ve configured your player correctly, go to the Player status page in CaptionHub.
Did this answer your question?