Configuring the Live! plugin for the Brightcove player
A useful way of configuring the Brightcove player to display captions is to add the CaptionHub Live! plugin into the player itself.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Open Brightcove, and navigate to the Players section
- Click on the Add player button at the top right, and choose a name for your player — something like “Brightcove (CaptionHub)” might suit
- In the list of players, click on the player you’ve just created
- Click on Plugins, and click on the Add a Plugin button
- From the dropdown, choose Custom Plugin
- In the Plugin name field, paste in
- Click Save, and then click the Publish & Embed button at the top right
- Your player should look similar to the screenshot below
Next, you’ll need to set up your new player to appear in your Gallery experiences.
For the Portal experience, follow these steps:
- Click on the Gallery section
- Click on the Portal you’d like to edit (or create your own)
- Click on the Video and Playback section, and then again on the Player and Lead form link
- The Choose Player section is at the top; choose Use site-specific player, and then pick the player you created earlier
- Captions will now automatically appear when you create the stream in CaptionHub
Did this answer your question?