Automatic identification of on-screen text
CaptionHub offers the ability to automatically identify any on-screen text, and create captions at the same position, and at the same starting point as that identified text. This makes subsequent localisation of on-screen text much faster and easier.
On-screen text identification is available when editing original captions. To use:
- Navigate to the drop-down cog on the Edit page, and choose the “Identify on-screen text” option
- You’ll receive confirmation that the process has been initiated
- A short while later any identified text will appear as captions in Track 2
- The time taken to identify on-screen text is approximately equal to the running time of the video being analysed.
- At the moment, a manual refresh of the page is required in order for the captions to appear, but you will receive an emailed notification when the on-screen text identification is complete.
- We’re currently have no data as to when text disappears from the screen, so whilst the starting point should be accurate, you’ll need to manually adjust the end point.
- Only one pass of the automatic process is currently possible.
- Please note that this action is not un-doable.