Caption track 2
CaptionHub allows for two simultaneous tracks of captions. This can be useful in several different scenarios, including:
- Localising on-screen text
- Audio description
- Partial captions / multi-lingual subtitles
- Simultaneous captions on-screen
Using caption track 2 in the editor
- To move captions between tracks, simply click on the T1 / T2 icons to move captions between tracks.
- To switch between displaying only captions in T1 or T2, click on the T1 / T2 icons above the spreadsheet editor to toggle that track’s visibility.
- When you’re filtering by T2, then any newly created captions will go into track 2.
Importing captions into a different caption track
To import a timed text file into a different caption track, choose the Import timed text option from the drop-down menu on the Caption Editor, and choose the destination track for the file you’re importing
Exporting different caption tracks
- If your timed text format supports it, then you’ll be able to select whether to export T1 or T2 (or both) in the formatter dialogue box
- Captions in the same track cannot overlap with each other
- T1 and T2 captions can overlap with each other
- Linguists and reviewers can change caption tracks for original captions, but not for translations
- T2 captions are always half-height in the timeline; T1 captions are full height, unless they overlap with T2 captions